Set up your email for iOS
If your device uses iOS 8.0 or higher, you can download the Outlook for iOS app from the Apple store. If the Outlook for iOS app is incompatible with your device, use the built in Mail iOS app.
Option 1 - Outlook for iOS app
The Outlook app allows you to set up your student account with Office 365.
If you haven't installed the app yet, download the Outlook for iOS from the App Store.
- Open Outlook for iOS.
- Tap Settings > Add Account > Add Email Account
- Select Office 365 for the email account type
Follow the prompts on the screen to verify your email address and enter your password. In many cases, your email account should be configured for you automatically. You may also be prompted to agree to allow Microsoft Outlook to access contacts, calendar, and other info.
Note: If you get a time-out message, your password or other information might be incorrect. Retype the information, and then try again.
Option 2 - Built-in iOS mail app
- Go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars, and then tap Add Account
- Select the Exchange option.
- Once the device verifies the server settings, accept the defaults or select the options you prefer to sync.
Note: You might also be asked to enter your name and a description for the account.
Install Office apps for iOS
- Go to the App Store.
- Search for Microsoft Office. The individual apps for Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote and OneDrive for Business will appear.
- Download each app.
- Open one of the Office apps (except OneDrive as you must activate this first. See OneDrive for Business.)
- Enter your College password and click Sign In.
- Open the OneDrive for Business app.