It’s never too early to begin thinking about transfer! Many community college students plan to go on to a four-year institution after graduation to complete a higher level degree. As such, advisors are here to guide students in examining the transferability of credits.
Students completing an Associate’s Degree are more likely to experience maximum credit transferability. The GARRETT COLLEGE TRANSFER TIMELINE and TRANSFER GUIDE BOOKLET are resources to aid students in the transfer process. Beginning as early as the first semester, students are encouraged to work closely with an Academic Advisor to plan coursework that meets career and transfer goals.
- ARTSYS : Check transferability to University of Maryland system schools
- College Board : Search colleges and universities by location, majors, cost, and more
- GC Articulations : GC maintains articulations agreements with several institutions that offer outstanding transfer scholarships to associate degree students.
- WVU Equivalencies : Check transferability of to any WVU system schools
Most Common Transfer Colleges/Universities for GC Graduates:
- Allegany College of Maryland (for Allied Health Programs)
- Bucknell Community College Scholars Program
- Franklin University
- Frostburg State University
- University of Maryland - College Park
- University of Maryland - University College
- University of Maryland System Colleges (Other)
- West Virginia University
Please contact the Advising & Academic Success Center by calling 301-387-3715 or emailing email@example.com to learn more about available services