Bus Driver Training
To drive a school buses, charter buses, large vans, dump trucks, cement mixers and/or tow truck, one must have a Class B Commercial Vehicle License with passenger and school bus endorsements. Those who earn this particular license with the above endorsements can drive a commercial bus or straight truck with a gross vehicle weight rating of over 26,000 pounds.
- Designed for students to earn a Class B Commercial Vehicle License with passenger and school bus endorsements
- Training course will cover the following areas: pre-trip inspection, various skills in the yard, and over-the-road instruction
- Upon completion of the program, students will be taken to demonstrate at their local Department of Motor Vehicles to obtain their license
- High School Diploma is preferred, although not required. Note –a learner’s permit may also be used in place of a high school
- Department of Transportation DOT physical, drug screen and learners permit (to include passenger and school bus endorsements)
- MD Senior: $1915
- Garrett County Resident: $1965
- Out-of-county: $1970
- Out-of-state: $1975
Students are encouraged to take the learners permit prep course that is held once a month (last Saturday and Sunday of each month) if they are having difficulty getting their learners permit.
- MD Senior: $95
- Garrett County Resident: $99
- Out-of-county: $104
- Out-of-state: $109
Time to Complete Program
- Five day training program that can be scheduled during the week or on weekends
- The student schedules when the five sessions will be based on their schedule; this training program consists of one-on-one training sessions.