Certified Medical Administrative Assistant (CMAA)
Learn the skills needed to serve patients by being the first person to greet them when they arrive in a medical facility, scheduling appointments, maintaining records and patient accounts.
- Prepares individuals for an entry-level position as a Certified Medical Administration Assistant (CMAA)
- Upon completion, students will be prepared for the National Healthcareer Association (NHA) certification exam
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required
- Attend an Orientation and Information Session – Contact 301-387-3772 for upcoming dates and times
- Maintain a 75% average on quizzes and tests in each class and meet attendance requirements to progress to the next class.
|Course||Hrs of Instruction||Tuition & Fees (GC Res)|
|Introduction to Health Care & Health Care Systems||45||$450|
|Medical Terminology for Health Careers||24||$235|
|Basic Math for Health Career Professions||9||$85|
|Certified Medical Administrative Assistant||69||$700|
|Externship #1 - Administrative||40||$375|
TOTAL - Includes most text books and other instructional matierials.
The National Healthcareer Association is included in the fees.
Time to Complete Program
- Approximately 4-6 months
- Classes are held 2-3 evenings per week
- 40 hours conducted at various medical facilities
- Completed after course-work portion of program