July 13, 2021
GC Athletics accepting nominations for the 2021 Athletics Hall of Fame
The Garrett College Athletics Hall of Fame committee is now accepting nominations for the Class of 2021. The event will be held on October 23, 2021 in the Garrett College Community Aquatic and Recreation Complex (CARC) Gymnasium in McHenry.
The Garrett College Athletics Hall of Fame honors former student athletes, teams and others (including coaches, athletic trainers, staff, individuals or companies) whose sports achievement and character have reflected positively on Garrett College and its department of athletics.
The following serves as criteria for induction set forth by the Athletics Hall of Fame Committee:
- As a student, the alum must have participated in at least one season of athletics at Garrett College and have been in good academic and disciplinary standing
- The athlete cannot be considered for at least five years after they participated
- Teams that exhibited exceptional levels of success and were exemplary representatives of Garrett College may be nominated
- An individual or company who has made special contribution(s) to the support, growth, popularity and/or community acceptance of the intercollegiate programming at Garrett College may be nominated
- Self-nominations are acceptable
- Nominations may be made in memory of an athlete
All nominations must be received by no later than August 13, 2021 to be considered for the current year's class. Nomination forms can be found online at www.garrettlakers.com and in the following College offices on the McHenry campus: Athletics, Student Affairs, and President’s Office.