Bucknell Community College Scholars Program
Explore the Possibilities
The Bucknell Community College Scholars program is an incredible scholarship opportunity designed for high-achieving, low- to moderate-income community college students who want to earn an Associate's degree... and then take their education further. Students on-track to complete 12 college-level courses in their initial FALL semester are encouraged to pursue this program, which provides financial and administrative support to help Scholars experience life at Bucknell through three phases:
- Assessment of your first year at Garrett College (meeting the criteria below)
- Attending and successfully completing a six-week summer session at Bucknell
- Completing your second and final year at Garrett College and earning your Associates Degree
Candidates successful in all three areas are eligible to apply for the full tuition scholarship - valued at well over $100,000!!!
- Complete at least 12 college-level credits as of Jan. 1, 2018
- Cumulative 3.5 GPA as of Jan. 1, 2018
- Demonstrate middle-low income (Family AGI below $60,000, $40,000 married couples, or $30,000 independent students; determined by FAFSA)
- Enrolled in an A.A. degree at Garrett College (A.A., A.A.T., A.S., A.S.E., expected graduation Spring 2019)
- Wish to pursue a Bachelor’s Degree after graduation from GC
- Show potential to succeed in a Bachelor’s degree program at Bucknell University
Important Dates for Summer 2018 Applicants
November 1, 2017, 11:30AM - 1:00PM, Room 620AInformational Session at Garrett College.
February 2, 2018, Bucknell University in Lewisburg, PAFree transportation provided. Visit to Bucknell University in Lewisburg, PA. FREE, transportation provided. Date TBD. *Weather permitting
February 23, 2018Summer Scholar APPLICATION MATERIALS DUE.
- Bucknell Community College Scholars Program
- BCCSP Video Documentary (part 1)
- BCCSP Video Documentary (part 2)