At Garrett College, Academic Advising is:
- a collaborative process designed to help students succeed academically
- develop an appropriate educational plan leading to graduation and beyond
- focus on their life beyond the college experience
- and assume a responsible and proactive role in their own education
The Advising and Academic Success Center is available to all students on campus, providing advising and placement services, tutoring, transfer and career services support, and helping you choose your classes.
Advisors work diligently with students who have less than 12 college level credits, and students on probation.
Academic Success Advisor’s Role:
- Provide you with information on expectations for academic success
- Assist you in creating a realistic educational plan consistent with your goals
- Help you understand the curriculum, graduation requirements and college policies
- Make appropriate referrals to campus resources
- Discuss transfer and career options with you
YOUR Role (the advisee – the STUDENT):
- Learn about college programs, policies and procedures
- Check your Garrett College email and reply to correspondence as needed
- Review your degree progress and respective classes before each advising session
- Learn how to select and schedule classes
- Be aware of important dates on the Academic Calendar
- Schedule and keep advising appointments
- Take care of any holds on your account
To find out who your Academic Advisor is, visit the Student Portal.
NEW in the Spring 2019 semester
After meeting with their advisor, current students will use the MyGarrett portal to self-register for classes. Use the resources below to learn more. See the Advising & Academic Success Center for questions or assistance.