October 22nd, 2019
Schools.com: GC ranked second among state's community colleges
Garrett College was recently ranked second among the Best Community Colleges in Maryland by schools.com, which characterizes itself as a "resource for accredited online and on-campus schools". Only Harford Community College finished above GC in the rankings.
According to the schools.com website, each Maryland community college was scored on a 10-point scale, using six data points from the National Center for Education Statistics:
- The percentage of students enrolled in distance education.
- Cost of attendance based on the average net price.
- Student-to-faculty ratio.
- Graduation rate in 150% of the time – meaning three years to achieve an associate's degree.
- Transfer-out rate in 150% of the time.
- Flexibility (which had its own set of criteria).
"This is just one more indication of the kind of education we provide for our students," said GC President Dr. Richard Midcap. "And this type of recognition is possible only through the commitment and hard work of our faculty and staff."