Prepare yourself for a career in the business world with a competitive advantage and a degree from Garrett College. Our courses incorporate the latest technologies to prepare students for the competitive workforce.
Why Choose Business Administration?
A degree in Business Administration prepares graduates to enter a highly competitive field with knowledge and skills to build a strong career in a broad range of fields. Garrett's Business Administration program includes communications and technology instruction to give graduates a competitive career advantage.
In addition to building a quality business curriculum, our business administration program focuses on preparing graduates to work independently, assume responsibility, succeed as a team member, and develop critical thinking skills. Students are expected to acquire basic competence in the area of business and management and consider the responsibilities of business management in society.
If a student seeking the Business Administration degree path plans to attend nearby Frostburg State University (FSU) as the next step in their educational journey, the Business Administration (FSU Transfer) program should be considered to get maximum educational value from Garrett and FSU.
Connect with Us
Business Administration Degrees Awarded
Garrett College awards an Associate in Arts (A.A.) to graduates of the Business Administration and Business Administration (FSU Transfer) program.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Students will demonstrate the ability to apply principles of accounting to business situations.
- Students will demonstrate an understanding of the U.S. legal system as it applies to business and the legal environment of business.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to evaluate different leadership styles and anticipate the consequences resulting from the use of each of these styles.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to apply economic analysis techniques to everyday problems in real-world situations, to understand the impact of current events and to evaluate specific policy proposals.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to apply the concepts of segmentation, targeting, and positioning in developing a marketing plan.
Garrett's Business Administration program gives graduates a competitive edge whether starting a career in business, enhancing an existing career, or pursing further educational goals.
Garrett's Business Administration program prepares you for a career in any of the following career fields:
- Investment and Investment Management
- Public Relations
Business Administration A.A. Degree
Total Credit Hours Required 60
Institutional Requirement (1)
- FYE101 First Year Experience 1
GER Required Credits (32 credits)
Comp I—Expos Writing
Min. C grade required
Arts and Humanities
Intro to Communication
- GER Literature Course 3
- GER Humanities Course 3
Social and Behavioral Sciences
- PSY101 General Psychology 3
- GER Soc & Beh Sciences Course (not PSY) 3
- TWO (2) GER Lab Sciences Courses 8
College Algebra or
MAT210 Introductory Statistics 3
- CIS105 Intro to Computers 3
Core Courses* (27 credits)
Min. C grade required in all Core Courses
- ACC210 Financial Accounting 3*
- ACC213 Managerial Accounting 3*
- BUS101 Intro to Business 3*
- BUS170 Intro to Management 3*
- BUS201 Principles of Marketing 3*
- BUS203 Business Law 3*
- ECN201 Economics I (Macro) 3*
- ECN202 Economics II (Macro) 3*
- Any BUS, CIS or MAT Course 3*
*Minimum C grade required.