Records And Registration - Garrett College
Apply Now
Plan a Visit
Request Info
Make a Gift

Records & Registration

The Office of Records and Registration maintains integrity of student academic records and manages effective policies and practices regarding registration, academic progress, and commencement for Garrett College.

The Office of Records and Registration is an essential resource for all your educational requirements, from the moment you apply as a student to Garrett College, until you graduate or transfer to another institution.

Information and forms related to records, transcripts, enrollment, residency, and commencement are available here.

Garrett College utilizes Parchment® Credentialing Services to process all transcript requests at a cost of $6.00 per transcript.

Request Your Transcript
Click Here
  • A valid email address is required to create an account for ordering transcripts.
  • It is crucial to double-check spelling and data entered as errors can delay the processing of your transcript.
  • There is a $6.00 fee per transcript order. Transcript orders must be paid by credit or debit card at the time of ordering.
  • It is the student’s responsibility to verify that the recipient will accept an electronic PDF transcript before placing an order.
  • Recipients may download electronic transcripts a maximum of three times and the link expires after thirty days.
  • Schools affiliated with Parchment have a dedicated drop-box for electronic transcript delivery. If you are sending to an individual, please utilize the email option and enter a specific recipient email address.
  • It is crucial to double-check spelling and data entered as errors can delay the processing of your transcript.
  • There is a $6.00 fee per transcript order.
  • Transcript orders must be paid by credit or debit card at the time of ordering.
  • Orders are generally processed within a few business days (please allow additional processing time for high volume periods).

Official transcripts are certified and signed by the Registrar and should be sent directly to the intended recipient. Each time the electronic transcript PDF file is opened, it will be certified electronically to ensure that it has not been altered. Please note that an e-transcript ceases to be official if it is forwarded from the student to another recipient; it must be sent directly from Garrett College. A printed copy of the electronic PDF transcript is not considered official. A paper transcript is official as long as it remains in its original sealed envelope.

Unofficial transcripts may be downloaded through the My Garrett College portal if you have been a student at Garrett College within the past six months. These transcripts may be utilized for reference but cannot be used in place of an official transcript.

The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) protects the privacy of student records and affords students certain rights, which begins once the student attends classes. It provides for the right to inspect and review education records, to seek to amend those records, and to limit disclosure of information from the records, except to the extent that FERPA authorizes disclosure without consent.

The right to access a student’s record belongs to the student, not the parent or legal guardian. Student academic information (such as class schedule, grades, academic standing, conduct records, billing statements, etc.) will be given to the student. It is up to the student to determine who else may receive access. Students who wish to share their educational records may complete the Student Information Release located on the student portal at by selecting Student and then Online Forms.

Read more: Privacy of Student Records at Garrett College

Garrett College has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide employers and background screening firms with enrollment and degree verifications. Organizations should visit to request this information.

Current students may print an enrollment verification in the student portal under Student, My Reports, and Proof of Enrollment.

Students are encouraged to register as early as possible to ensure a space in selected classes.

All students are required to meet with an advisor before registering. To schedule an advising appointment, new students may contact the Admissions office; returning students are to contact their previously assigned advisor. The Advising & Academic Success Center is also available to assist returning students during summer and winter breaks.

Students wishing to drop or add a course should directly contact their advisor. The last day to drop, add, and withdraw, and associated refund deadlines are published in the Academic Calendar

Students at Garrett College are expected to take responsibility for their own academic success and degree achievement. This includes making satisfactory progress each semester towards completion of their academic program. Students who are satisfactorily completing their academic program requirements are considered to be in good academic standing. Students must maintain good academic standing in order to be eligible for graduation, and in many cases, to be able to transfer to another institution. Academic standing may also affect athletic and financial aid eligibility.

Academic standing is calculated at the end of the fall and spring semesters, and is determined by the number of credit hours attempted and the student’s cumulative grade point average (CGPA). Students who fail to meet the requirements for good academic standing are placed on academic probation and will work with an Academic Success Advisor to develop a plan for returning to good standing. Failure to attain good academic standing while on probation will result in academic dismissal. An academically dismissed student will be required to spend one year away from the College to allow time to reflect on the factors causing poor performance. Although students have a right of appeal, careful consideration should be given as to whether immediate reinstatement is appropriate. Rather than appeal, students are encouraged to use this time to evaluate their academic/professional goals, address the challenges that contributed to poor performance, and formulate a plan for return when better positioned for success. Detailed instructions on filing an appeal and important deadlines can be found in the Academic Dismissal Appeals Packet.

Additionally, as required by Federal regulations, students receiving financial aid are subject to further standards of Satisfactory Academic Progress which is reviewed by Financial Aid. For additional information about Satisfactory Academic Progress and how it impacts your student aid, view the college catalog.

For the purposes of assessing tuition charges, Garrett College follows residency guidelines established by the Maryland Higher Education Commission. A student’s residency (aka domicile) is determined at the time of admission to Garrett College. The student residency determination process, including information for military personnel and foreign nationals, can be viewed in the College Catalog.

A student who changes his or her residence during a semester will not have his/her tuition adjusted during that semester. The new tuition rate will be applied the following semester.

Did you know that graduation isn’t automatic? Before students can receive a diploma -- even if they’re not planning to attend the ceremony -- students must apply to receive a diploma. Current students may complete the Graduation & Diploma Application located on the student portal at by selecting Student and then Online Forms.

Click here for more information on graduation and Garrett’s commencement ceremony.

Earn Your Associate Degree through Reverse Transfer

Students who have transferred to another institution before earning an associate’s degree at Garrett College may be able to “reverse transfer” the outstanding credits back to GC. Earning your associate degree adds a valuable educational achievement to your resume, increasing your job qualifications and potential for a higher salary.

Generally, to be considered for a reverse transfer review, a student must:

  • Have earned at least 15 credit hours at GC
  • Have a minimum 2.00 cumulative GPA at GC
  • Have earned a combined total of at least 60 credit hours

It’s just two easy steps to start the review process:

  1. Email to discuss your situation
  2. Send your official college transcripts to GC

We will review all of your college coursework and see how it applies towards your previously declared GC major. We often find that although some students may not meet the requirements for their specific major, they are candidates for an Associate of Arts degree in General Studies.

For more information or assistance with the process, email

Current Students

To perform any of the following actions, log into your account and go to Student, then OnLine Forms.

  • Change Your Advisor
  • Course Repeat Request
  • Student Information Release
  • Waiver / Substitution Request
  • Graduation & Diploma Application

Additional Resources

Questions? Contact for assistance.

Records & Registration Office Contact Information

Student Services Building, Room 410

Kim DeGiovanni, Registrar

Robin Swearengen, Records and Registration Assistant

Dana Mason, Enrollment Services Admission & Registration Rep

Phone:  301-387-3113
Transcripts:  301-387-3153 or
Fax: 301.387.3038
 Mailing Address
Garrett College Office of Records & Registration
687 Mosser Road
McHenry, MD 21541
M-F, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.