Dental Hygiene – Transfer Prep Program
This is a preparatory program designed to provide general education coursework for students planning to transfer to the Allegany College of Maryland’s Dental Hygiene program. A degree is not issued from Garrett College; students must apply to ACM for acceptance into their program. Completion of a non-degree transfer program does not guarantee acceptance into ACM’s program. Contact Allegany College of Maryland’s Advising Center for more information on this program.
Principles of Biology
or BIO 101 General Biology 4*
— Min. C grade required as pre-req for BIO200
- Total: 4
- FY101 First Year Experience 1
- BIO141 General Microbiology/Lab 4*
- BIO200 Human Anatomy & Physiology I 4*
- ENG101 Comp I - Expository Writing 3*
- MAT210 Introductory Statistics 3
- Total: 15
- BIO201 Human Anatomy & Physiology II 4
Intro to College Chemistry
or CHE101 General Chemistry I 4*
- PSY101 General Psychology 3
- SOC101 Principles of Sociology 3
- SPC101 Introduction to Communication 3
- Total: 17
- Total Credit Hours: 36
summer (Pre-requisite Coursework)
*Minimum C grade required for this program.
The Dental Hygiene Program at ACM is a competitive admission program; completion of these classes does not guarantee acceptance into the ACM program.
ACM requires a Criminal Record check prior to entry into the Clinical phase of the program.
CPR Certification for Health Care Professionals is also required at application (offered regularly at ACM).