Medical Coding & Billing
Individuals trained to work in the Allied Health Industry in this area work in doctor's offices, urgent care facilities, hospitals, and other health care facilities. Accurate medical billing and coding is essential to the delivery of quality health care and efficient health care administration.
- Prepares individuals for an entry-level position in the Allied Health field as a medical billing and coding professional
- Upon completion, students will be prepared for the National Healthcareer Association (NHA) certification exam
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required
- Attend an Orientation and Information Session – Contact 301-387-3770 for upcoming dates and times
- Maintain a 75% average on quizzes and tests in each class and meet attendance requirements to progress to the next class
Time to Complete Program
- Approximately 9 months
- Classes are held 2-3 evenings per week
Location of TrainingCareer Technology Training Center in Accident or Southern Outreach Center in Oakland
Connect with us
Contact Continuing Education & Workforce Development at 301-387-3136.