Interested in changing careers? Want to expand your skillset, work outdoors, build and use your hands? Consider a career that is fun and offers financial freedom with our upcoming construction trade course. Commercial and industrial carpenters construct, erect, install and repair structures and fixtures. Careers in construction involve many different kinds of development from buildings to highways, and bridges to power plants. This curriculum will ground you in the basic knowledge and principles of carpentry. After completing the course, you should be able to interpret blueprints, frame walls, ceilings and floors of structures, be familiar with all building materials, fasteners and adhesives. You’ll also learn the proper use of all hand and power tools and how to properly install electrical wiring and plumbing systems. Let this be your first step towards a future in a career you’ll love.
Courses and Program Costs
- TI-199 Introduction to Construction
- TI-200 Construction Trades
Time to Complete Program
17 Weeks (2 evenings each week)
- A $25.00 non-refundable registration fee is required from all students.
- Students are required to have a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Students are required to take the TABE Assessment prior to enrollment.
- Students must participate in an Orientation and Information Session.
- Students must maintain a 75% average in each class and meet attendance requirements to progress to the next course.
Location of Training
Career Technology and Training Center (CTTC)
116 Industrial Park
Accident, MD 21520
Certifying Professional Association/Agency
OSHA 30 Hr. Construction Certification
Upon Successful Completion
- Students will have gained the knowledge and understanding of the local construction industry.
- Students will have the opportunity to earn the OSHA Safety certification.
- Students will have gained employability soft skills.
- Students will be exposed to a number of local employers who are interested in employing students.
Garrett County Home Construction job opportunities are on the rise and local employers are looking diligently for additional employees. The Maryland Job Outlook (2016-2026) projects an 8% growth in construction trades. Median Salary is currently listed around $46,590 for Carpenters according to the U.S Bureau of Labor Statistics.
New classes start each fall! Program begins on 9/13/21 and ends on 1/17/22
Register early for best scholarship and/or financial assistance opportunities!
To determine scholarship or funding opportunities, please indicate your interest when submitting your application form.
Kurt LearPhone: 301-387-3087