The Workforce Development Department works to provide an accessible, aﬀordable, and high-quality career education to prepare students for career success, strengthens the regional workforce, and enrich our business community.
We make it our main priority to focus on the individual's ability to grow their skills and develop the tools they need for business success, plus providing training to their students to be productive & prosperous in the workplace, which will in turn beneﬁt both the employer and the worker.
Our goal is to support the economic development of Garrett County and surrounding regions by created a skilled workforce through credit programs, as well as non-credit job readiness and workforce preparation courses. We do this by providing programs within all 10 Maryland's Career Clusters which include:
- Allied Health and Emergency Medical Services
- Business Management & Finance
- Consumer Services, Hospitality, & Tourism
- Construction Trades & Maintenance
- Environmental, Agriculture & Natural Resource Systems
- Health & Biosciences
- Hospitality & Tourism
- Human Resource Services
- Manufacturing Technology
- Transportation Technologies