If you enjoy fixing things and problem-solving, have a mechanical mindset, get excited by technology and enjoy working with your hands consider a career as a diesel mechanic. The current demand for diesel mechanics is high and is expected to increase in the coming years. Diesel engines power some of the biggest players in our economy and play a vital role in a wide variety of industries. In this program, you will be trained to complete a variety of maintenance and repair services including changing oil, checking fluid levels, rotating tires, suspension & steering, electrical systems, and engine rebuilds with an emphasis in preventative maintenance procedures and shop safety. Students will earn a Garrett College Continuing Education and Workforce Training Certificate and will have the opportunity to take the Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) entry-level student certification exam: Inspection, Maintenance & Minor Repair.
Courses and Program Costs
- CV-056 Diesel Mechanics One- Introduction to Diesel Mechanics
- CV-057 Diesel Mechanics Two-Truck Components Service and Inspection
- CV-058 Diesel Mechanics Three-Electrical Systems and Auxiliary Components
- CV-059 Diesel Mechanics Four- Preventative Maintenance and ASE Review
|Maryland Senior Resident (60+)||$4,500|
|Garrett County Resident||$5,515|
Time to Complete Program
- A $25.00 non-refundable registration fee is required from all students.
- Students are required to have a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Students are required to take the TABE Assessment prior to enrollment.
- Students must participate in an Orientation and Information Session.
- Students must maintain a 75% average on quizzes and tests in each class and meet attendance requirements to progress to the next course.
Location of Training
Career Technology and Training Center (CTTC)
116 Industrial Park
Accident, MD 21520
Certifying Professional Association/Agency
ASE Automotive Service Excellence
Upon Successful Completion
- Students will be prepared for an entry level position as a diesel mechanic.
New classes start each fall. Program begins on 9/13/21 and ends on 12/21.
Register early for best scholarship and/or financial assistance opportunities!
To determine scholarship or funding opportunities, please indicate your interest when submitting your application form.
Donna BittingerPhone: 301-387-3136